Enter an American Motors VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any American Motors VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How to Use this Free American Motors VIN Lookup
Checking an American Motors VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All American Motors vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The American Motors VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific American Motors.
- Finding American Motors recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific American Motors year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the American Motors is stolen.
Whether you have an American Motors vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free American Motors VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your American Motors VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Where to find a VIN on an American Motors?
Your American Motors VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb.
Additionally, the American Motors VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for American Motors Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the American Motors VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the American Motors was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
American Motors WMIs
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|2CM||CANADA||American Motors (Canada) Inc||Passenger Car|
|2BC||UNITED STATES (USA)||AMERICAN MOTORS CORP.||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
|1AC||UNITED STATES (USA)||AMERICAN MOTORS CORP.||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
|1AM||UNITED STATES (USA)||AMERICAN MOTORS CORP.||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
American Motors Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all American Motors models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
American Motors models in the database include:
- Eagle SX/4