Enter an Audi VIN Number to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Audi VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How can I read my Audi VIN code?
Checking an Audi VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Audi vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Audi VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering a Vehicle History Report.
- Getting the value of a specific Audi.
- Finding Audi recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Audi year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Audi is stolen.
Whether you have an Audi vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Audi VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your Audi VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Check the Year of Your Audi by VIN
Along with other key vehicle specs, your VIN will also tell you what year the Audi was made.
The 10th digit in your 17-character VIN code communicate the model year.
For more details, check out our article that covers Model Years by VIN.
Where to find a VIN on an Audi?
Your Audi VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard looking through the windshield.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb.
Additionally, the Audi VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for Audi Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the Audi VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the Audi was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|WA1||GERMANY||AUDI||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
Audi Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Audi models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Audi models in the database include:
- A4 allroad
- A6 allroad
- A8 e
- e-tron Sportback
- Q5 e
- RS e-tron
- RS Q8
- TT RS