Enter a Freightliner VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Freightliner VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How to Read a Freightliner VIN Number
Checking a Freightliner VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Freightliner vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Model year and Freightliner make.
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine, engine size, and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Freightliner VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific Freightliner.
- Finding Freightliner recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Freightliner year and model.
- Checking the last recorded mileage reading and finding any odometer discrepancies.
- Seeing the service history.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Freightliner is stolen.
Whether you have a Freightliner vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Freightliner VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
If anything is flagged in our initial report, you’ll be able to make the decision whether you’ll need to purchase more detailed reports before making your purchase.
Simply enter your Freightliner VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Where is the VIN number on a Freightliner truck?
Your Freightliner VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard at the bottom of the windshield.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb of the driver’s side door.
Additionally, the Freightliner VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Bill of sale.
- Insurance papers.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for Freightliner Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the Freightliner VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the Freightliner was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
Freightliner WMI Group
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|2FV||CANADA||FREIGHTLINER CORPORATION||Incomplete Vehicle|
|3FF||MEXICO||FREIGHTLINER CORPORATION||Incomplete Vehicle|
|AFV||SOUTH AFRICA||FREIGHTLINER CORPORATION||Truck|
|RSA||SAUDI ARABIA||FREIGHTLINER CORPORATION||Incomplete Vehicle|
|RSB||SAUDI ARABIA||FREIGHTLINER CORPORATION||Truck|
|4UZ||UNITED STATES (USA)||FREIGHTLINER CUSTOM CHASSIS CORP.||Incomplete Vehicle|
Freightliner Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Freightliner models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Freightliner models in the database include:
- B2 106 Conventional Chassis
- B2 106 Electric Conventional Chassis
- B2 Bus Chassis
- B2 HEV 106 CONVENTIONAL BUS CHASSIS
- Bruin Cab Chassis
- CC Conventional
- EF Front Engine Bus Chassis
- EFX Front Engine Bus Chassis
- Electric 106″ Day cab
- Electric 126″ Day cab
- ER Rear Engine Bus Chassis
- FB 65 Chassis
- FBX 106 Shuttle Bus Chassis
- FLS112 Legacy
- FS 65 Chassis
- HDX Rear Engine Bus Chassis
- High COE
- Long Conv.
- Low COE
- MB 50
- MB 55 Chassis
- MB Chassis
- M-B MBO Chassis
- MBC Front Engine Commercial Bus Chassis
- MBO Chassis
- MC 45 Chassis
- MC Chassis
- MC Front Engine Motor Home Chassis
- MC HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) Front Engine Motor Home Chassis
- MCG Front Gasoline Engine Motor Home Chassis
- MCL Front Engine Motor Home Chassis
- Med. Conv.
- MT 35 Chassis
- MT 45 Chassis
- MT 45 HEV Chassis
- MT 45G Front Gasoline Engine Walk in Van Chassis
- MT 55 Chassis
- MT 55G Front Gasoline Engine Walk in Van Chassis
- MT45EV (Electric Vehicle)
- MT-50E Electric Front engine van chassis
- MT-55 HEV Chassis (Hybrid Electric Vehicle)
- MT-55 HHV Chassis (Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle)
- New Cascadia 116″ Day cab
- New Cascadia 116″ Sleepercab
- New Cascadia 126″ Day cab
- New Cascadia 126″ Sleepercab
- NGE (956) Platform Truck COE
- OMC Chassis
- S2 106 Bus Chassis
- S2C 106 Conventional Cab & Chassis
- S2G Conventional Full Cab and Chassis
- S2RV 106 Conventional cab & Chassis
- SBRD Chassis
- Sport Chassis
- VC Chassis
- VCL Chassis
- XB Chassis
- XB Raised Rail Rear Engine Shuttle Bus Chassis
- XB Straight Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XBA Arboc Rail Rear Engine Commercial Bus Chassis
- XBP Rear Engine Commercial Bus Chassis
- XBR Rail Rear Engine Shuttle Bus Chassis
- XBR Rear Engine Shuttle Bus Chassis
- XBS Straight Rail Rear Engine Shuttle Bus Chassis
- XC Chassis
- XC Formed Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC Modular Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC Raised Rail (Lowerer Engine) Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC Raised Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis GLIDER
- XCA Chassis
- XC-F Formed Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC-L Lowered Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC-M Modular Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC-P Powerliner Raise Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XC-R Raised Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis
- XCS Chassis
- XC-S Straight Rail Rear Engine Motor Home Chassis