Enter a Mazda VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Mazda VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How do you decode a Mazda VIN number?
Checking a Mazda VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Mazda vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-character vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Checking the model year.
- Location of manufacture and the assembly plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Mazda VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific Mazda.
- Finding Mazda recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Mazda year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Mazda is stolen.
Whether you have a Mazda vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Mazda VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your Mazda VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Where to find a VIN on a Mazda?
Your Mazda VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard near the bottom of the windshield.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the driver’s side door jamb.
Additionally, the Mazda VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for Mazda Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the Mazda VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the Mazda was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|JM1||JAPAN||Mazda Motor Corporation||Passenger Car|
|JM2||JAPAN||Mazda Motor Corporation||Truck|
|JM3||JAPAN||Mazda Motor Corporation||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
|JC1||JAPAN||Mazda Motor Corporation||Passenger Car|
|JC2||JAPAN||Mazda Motor Corporation||Truck|
|3MZ||MEXICO||MAZDA MOTOR MANUFACTURING DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V.||Passenger Car|
|3MY||MEXICO||MAZDA MOTOR MANUFACTURING DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V.||Passenger Car|
|3MD||MEXICO||MAZDA MOTOR MANUFACTURING DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V.||Passenger Car|
|3MV||MEXICO||MAZDA MOTOR MANUFACTURING DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V.||Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle (MPV)|
Mazda Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Mazda models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Mazda models in the database include: