Enter a Ram VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Ram VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
What Does a Ram VIN Tell You?
Checking a Ram VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Ram vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Ram VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific Ram.
- Finding Ram recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Ram year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Ram is stolen.
Whether you have a Ram vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Ram VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your Ram VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Ram Vehicle Description Codes
Digits 4 through 8 in your RAM VIN provide information about the vehicle’s model, engine, body, safety features, and more.
The 5th digit will typically give you your Ram model, which may include:
- A: Ram 2WD light duty
- B: Durango 4WD
- D: Durango 2WD
- E: Dakota 2WD
- L, R: Ram 2WD heavy duty
- N: Chassis cab 2WD
- S, X: Ram 4WD heavy duty
- W: Dakota 4WD
The 8th digit provides information about the engine, which may be:
- G: 3.5l V6
- H: 5.7 l HEMI V8
- W: 6.1L HEMI V8
- Z: 8.3L V10
- D: 3.0l turbo diesel
Where was your Ram Truck built?
If you want to know where your Ram was manufactured, the 11th digit will tell you the location of the plant. Common codes include:
- A: Auburn Hills, Michigan
- J: St. Louis, Missouri
- S: Dodge City, Warren, Michigan
- D: Belvidere, Illinois
- T: Toluca, Mexico
- X: Osnabrueck, Germany
- Y: Steyr, Austria
Where to find a VIN on a Ram?
Your Ram VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb.
Additionally, the Ram VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
Ram Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Ram models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Ram models in the database include:
- Cargo Van
- Promaster 1500
- Promaster 2500
- Promaster 3500
- Promaster City