Enter a Sterling Truck VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Sterling Truck VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How to Use this Free Sterling Truck VIN Lookup
Checking a Sterling Truck VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Sterling Truck vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Sterling Truck VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific Sterling Truck.
- Finding Sterling Truck recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Sterling Truck year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Sterling Truck is stolen.
Whether you have a Sterling Truck vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Sterling Truck VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your Sterling Truck VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Where to find a VIN on a Sterling Truck?
Your Sterling Truck VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb.
Additionally, the Sterling Truck VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for Sterling Truck Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the Sterling Truck VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the Sterling Truck was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
Sterling Truck WMIs
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|2FW||UNITED STATES (USA)||Sterling Trucks (Daimler Division)||Truck|
|2FZ||UNITED STATES (USA)||Sterling Trucks (Daimler Division)||Incomplete Vehicle|
|49H||UNITED STATES (USA)||Sterling Trucks (Daimler Division)||Truck|
|480||UNITED STATES (USA)||Sterling Trucks (Daimler Division)||Truck|
|3SD||MEXICO||Sterling Trucks (Daimler Division)||Truck|
Sterling Truck Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Sterling Truck models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Sterling Truck models in the database include:
- 4500 Job Rated
- 5500 Job Rated
- 6500 Sportchassis
- A9500 series
- Atego 6500
- Atego 7500
- Atego 8500
- L7500 series
- L8500 series
- L9500 series
- LC Series Car Hauler
- M5500 Acterra
- M6500 Acterra
- M7500 Acterra
- M8500 Acterra
- ST9500 series
- T-2 Low cab Forward