Enter a Tesla VIN to Get Unique Info, Specs, and Details for the Vehicle…
Get instant, free insights about any Tesla VIN with VINvaquero.com – a Free VIN Decoder Tool
How to Use this Free Tesla VIN Lookup
Checking a Tesla VIN has never been easier with VINvaquero.com!
All Tesla vehicles manufactured since 1981 will feature a 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN) that can be used to quickly decode information about the vehicle, such as:
- Location of manufacture and the manufacturing plant.
- Body type and styling options.
- Details about the engine and transmission.
- Additional features and add-ons.
The Tesla VIN can also be used for:
- Ordering Vehicle History Reports.
- Getting the value of a specific Tesla.
- Finding Tesla recalls.
- Searching for compatible parts for the specific Tesla year and model.
- Learning about the vehicle’s ownership history.
- Finding out the vehicle’s accident and repair history.
- Getting free, customized insurance quotes.
- Checking if the Tesla is stolen.
Whether you have a Tesla vehicle you own or are looking to buy one, decoding the VIN and using the VIN for a variety of tasks can come in handy.
Our free Tesla VIN decoder is here for you to get started.
Simply enter your Tesla VIN into the search bar above to check the global database. We’ll run the search and return all the pertinent information we can find.
If you have an older VIN from a vehicle that was produced prior to 1981, the VIN decoder may not work.
Where to find a VIN on a Tesla?
Your Tesla VIN will typically be found in a handful of locations on the vehicle. The common ones include:
- On a VIN plate attached to the dashboard.
- Stamped onto the frame.
- Near the engine.
- On the door jamb.
Additionally, the Tesla VIN can be found on your DMV and insurance paperwork, such as the:
- Registration card.
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance policy documents.
- Insurance ID cards.
WMIs for Tesla Vehicles
The WMI, or World Manufacturer Identifier, is the first 3 digits of the Tesla VIN.
These digits provide you with:
- The country where the Tesla was built.
- The Manufacturer name.
- The vehicle type and manufacturer division.
The first 3 digits in the VIN, or the WMI, can be used to quickly find out where a specific vehicle was produced, who produced it, and the type of vehicle it is.
|WMI||Country of Origin||Manufacturer Name||Vehicle Type|
|5YJ||UNITED STATES (USA)||TESLA, INC||Passenger Car|
|SFZ||UNITED STATES (USA)||TESLA, INC||Passenger Car|
Tesla Models in the VIN Decoder Database
Below you’ll find a list of all Tesla models manufactured since 1981 that you can decode with our VIN checker.
Tesla models in the database include:
- Model 3
- Model S
- Model X
- Model Y