If a vehicle has been involved in an accident and declared to be a total loss by the owner or the insurance company, the Arkansas Department of Motor Vehicles will brand it with a salvage title.
Generally, a salvage title car cannot be driven on public roads in Arkansas until it has been adequately repaired, inspected, rebranded as “rebuilt” or “revived”, registered, and insured.
This page will cover the salvage title process in Arkansas, and provide you with tips on how to get a salvage vehicle back on the road.
For official information or questions about your specific situation, please contact your local Arkansas DMV office or visit the official DMV website:
What is a Salvage Title in Arkansas?
Like many other states, a salvage title in Arkansas means that the vehicle has been reported to the DMV to be a total loss, wrecked, or damaged to the point where it is no longer roadworthy.
A vehicle may be branded salvage if the damages are equal or greater to 70% of its current average retail value.
Arkansas salvage title cars cannot be driven until they have been repaired and inspected.
If a vehicle has been issued a “Parts Only” title, it will not be able to be registered and repaired.
How to Get a Salvage Title Cleared in Arkansas
To get a salvage vehicle legal for highway use again, you’ll need to apply for a Rebuilt Title.
In order to get a rebuilt title in Arkansas, you’ll need the following:
- A completed Affidavit of Reconstruction for a Salvage Motor Vehicle: https://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/images/uploads/motorVehicleOffice/AffidavitofReconstructionofSalvageMV.pdf
- This form should be completed by the licensed rebuilder and the owner of the vehicle.
- The Salvage Certificate of Title.
- Payment for the rebuilt title fee.
After the rebuilt title has been issued, you’ll be able to insure and register the car.
Register a Salvage Title Car in Arkansas
To register a rebuilt vehicle in Arkansas, you’ll need to submit the following to your local tag office:
- The Rebuilt Certificate of Title and all necessary documents described above.
- A completed application for title and registration.
- Proof of car insurance.
- Payment for your registration fees and taxes.
- What is a Salvage Title?
- What is a Rebuilt Title?
- Salvage Title Insurance
- Buying a Car with a Salvage Title
If you’re in the market to buy, sell, or register a salvage title vehicle in Arkansas, VINvaquero.com has the free resources you need to get back on the road.
Check out some of our related guides and useful tools below: